Monday, July 17, 2006

The Last Supper

Well it's nearly over, tomorrow night I'm stepping on an Etihad plane once again. I'm actually looking forward to the 15 hours- so many films to choose from and so many free drinks and food! In fact I'm planning on eating very little for the next day and a half, the amount of food they force on you with Etihad I have to save some space!

I didn't go to Koh Tao in the end, preferred to have another day sitting in my hamock (I'm gonna miss that hamock so much! But it's ok, I've bought my own to string up at home!).

Yesterday afternoon I cought the ferry away from the islands, pretty impressed with myself for surviving nearly a week without getting a "Koh Phangan Tatoo" (otherwise known as a motorbike accident scar). The trip up was the easiest I've ever experienced. After a few false starts - they kept picking us up in mini busses and driving us from one cafe to another, hoping we'd buy something and they'd get some comission - we got onto the bus.

On the bus I met my 3rd and 4th Welsh speakers of the trip (the first being Carwyn, the 2nd and 3rd being friends from home we bumped into in a Bangkok cafe). The two Geordies, two English girls and the Irishman I'd been talking to for the previous 2 hours were instantly forgotten! I'm glad to have the practice actually, after the past week I wouldn't have been suprised if my Dutch was better than my Welsh!

We watched The Last Samurai on the way up - totally pointless as half the film is in Japanese and the subtitles were in Thai! Let's just say that the day I spent learning Japanese in Vietnam wasn't much help!

So I'm back in Bangkok, back in the hotel I spent the first night in (the one I stayed in with the English guys who called me Peter) and the next 28 hours I'm gonna spend just waiting for my plane really. It does kinda feel like the holiday is just melting away instead of finishing with a bang, but I honestly don't care. Actually forget that, the holiday will end on a high - I have 15 hours worth of Etihad flying in front of me! That's 10 films, 30 free drinks, 8 meals, another free toothbrush and who knows, maybe they'll give me four seats again!

3 Comments:

At July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All good things must come to an end eh? But you're going to spend the next 28 hours doing nothing ??? Yeah right..... ask for Daverina - apparently she love you long time -well at least thats what she told me......

 
At July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone seems to love me long time here! My fame must have spread to Asia way before I came here!

 
At July 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'laen gut, mwy i'r blog, da ni gyd adra di bod yn disgwl am ddyddia am dy storis!! Ger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home